Many injuries and chronic pain conditions are caused by restrictions in muscles and soft tissue. These restrictions can often refer pain to other parts of the body. Tight tissue can pull joints out of alignment causing excessive wear and tear and leading to chronic pain.
Through postural assessment and feeling for restrictions, areas of tightness and trigger points the problem areas can be identified. I use a range of techniques including myofascial release, trigger point therapy, use of hot and cold and soft tissue release.
All of my treatments are focused on the client's needs by using the most efficient and effective techniques to provide pain relief and increased mobility. Remedial massage can be used to support people with injuries and chronic pain conditions such as:
- Repetitive Strain, carpal tunnel syndrome, tennis elbow
- Temporomandibular joint disorder (TMJ)
- Neck and shoulder pain, frozen shoulder
- Low back pain, hip pain, sciatic pain
- Knee and foot pain, plantar fasciitis
- Chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia